Friday, October 18, 2013

Gertrude Kasebier

Gertrude was an influential photographer of the early 20th century. She was most known for her paternity photos and her Native American photos. She also stood for photography as a real profession.

I like this photo because of the back round. Like the whole image with the mother holding the child is a really powerful image and when you put it in a barn type thing, it really makes it strong. Also, the while dress in the barn is a really cool contrast.

The photo of the indian is like one of the only indian photos I found from her that I liked because all the others were just really original and I think this one is different. The circle around the eye business is really cool and something I haven't seen before that I remember. Also, is this a guy or a girl? I kind of like that I don't like that. The clothes on this person is also really cool. The jewelry on the neck and the head wear are great together.

The last photo of the woman reading the book is also really cool. She gives a really strong feeling. I feel like she's saying, yeah you pissed me off and I'm pregnant so go away and let me read in peace because I don't like you anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment